Our dedicated social innovators are focused on facilitating introductions and wayfinding for students, faculty, teaching staff, alumni and partners focused on social innovation at UofT.
We work with academic, co-curricular and extra curricular programs across the University and external organizations involved in social innovation and entrepreneurship within our local region, Canada wide and globally.
Haleigh is a Masters of Global Affairs graduate from the University of Toronto. During her time at UofT, Haleigh focused on how social innovation can be used to bring about economic, social and political prosperity.
She is passionate about social impact and most recently worked with a Canadian social enterprise to design and build an impact measurement framework as the Impact Director.
Haleigh currently works and volunteers with:
- The Sector, collective impact consulting, Senior Consultant
- Fashion Takes Action, changing the way we consume fashion, Board of Directors
- You Can Play, promoting LGBTQ inclusion in sport, Executive Committee
Cindy Ross Pedersen
Cindy is a former tech entrepreneur who successfully sold her company in 2006, retired early in 2008 to refocuse on giving back.
She is a Senior Fellow Massey College, Past-President of the University of Toronto Alumni Association, supporter and community member of the Centre for Social Innovation and mentors students, alumni and entrepreneurs.
Cindy has previously volunteered at:
- Laurier University, Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship as the Entrepreneur in residence
- Advisory Committee Chair, Major Gifts, Amnesty International Canada
- Consultant Habitat for Humanity Toronto
Igor is transitioning to graduate studies after completing his B.A. focusing on Urban Studies/Geography at UofT, through Trinity College.
Igor is the key to our successful conferences and special projects, leveraging his experience in communications and event management and his skills with people and technology.
Igor has worked on projects such as:
- University of Toronto Student Union UTSUFest (Orientation), eXpression Against Oppression, Unity Through Diversity and our Unity Ball Semi-Formal
- On Governing Council he currently represents Part-time Undergraduate Students, focusing on removing financial barriers to education, improving quality, and prioritizing the needs of these students.