Our dedicated social innovators are focused on facilitating introductions and wayfinding for students, faculty, teaching staff, alumni and partners focused on social innovation at UofT.
We work with academic, co-curricular and extra curricular programs across the University and external organizations involved in social innovation and entrepreneurship within our local region, Canada wide and globally.
Keita is a social entrepreneur and PHD from OISE, University of Toronto. His thesis draws on the midwifery movement as case study for exploring the conditions for social innovation.
He hosts a community of practice, called the SIDELab, where they explore System Thinking, Integrative Thinking, Design Thinking and Evaluative Thinking. He also teaches Design Thinking, System Thinking and Integrative Thinking through B Studio.
Keita has previously worked at:
- The Project Catalyst for Social Innovation Generation @ the University of Waterloo
- He has been an organizational consultant both in Canada and internationally.
- Coordinator for the Social Economy Centre, University of Toronto
Cindy Ross Pedersen
Cindy is a former tech entrepreneur who successfully sold her company in 2006, retired early in 2008 to refocuse on giving back.
She is a Senior Fellow Massey College, Past-President of the University of Toronto Alumni Association, supporter and community member of the Centre for Social Innovation and mentors students, alumni and entrepreneurs.
Cindy has previously volunteered at:
- Laurier University, Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship as the Entrepreneur in residence
- Advisory Committee Chair, Major Gifts, Amnesty International Canada
- Consultant Habitat for Humanity Toronto
Igor is transitioning to graduate studies after completing his B.A. focusing on Urban Studies/Geography at UofT, through Trinity College.
Igor is the key to our successful conferences and special projects, leveraging his experience in communications and event management and his skills with people and technology.
Igor has worked on projects such as:
- University of Toronto Student Union UTSUFest (Orientation), eXpression Against Oppression, Unity Through Diversity and our Unity Ball Semi-Formal
- On Governing Council he currently represents Part-time Undergraduate Students, focusing on removing financial barriers to education, improving quality, and prioritizing the needs of these students.