Our dedicated social innovators are focused on facilitating introductions and wayfinding for students, faculty, teaching staff, alumni and partners focused on social innovation at UofT.
We work with academic, co-curricular and extra curricular programs across the University and external organizations involved in social innovation and entrepreneurship within our local region, Canada wide and globally.
Cindy Ross Pedersen
Social Innovation Ambassador
Cindy is a former tech entrepreneur who successfully sold her company in 2006, retired early in 2008 to refocuse on giving back.
She is a Senior Fellow Massey College, Past-President of the University of Toronto Alumni Association, supporter and community member of the Centre for Social Innovation and mentors students, alumni and entrepreneurs.
Cindy has previously volunteered at:
- Laurier University, Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship as the Entrepreneur in residence
- Advisory Committee Chair, Major Gifts, Amnesty International Canada
- Consultant Habitat for Humanity Toronto
Sannie is a second year undergraduate student at the University of Toronto working on a specialist in Human Geography and double minoring in Urban Studies and Digital Humanities. She is interested in studying and improving our urban environment in her studies and in her personal life.
Sannie has previously volunteered with Live Different to build a home for an underprivileged family and help improve the San Quentin community.
Tanya is a first year MBA student at the Rotman School of Management with a focus in health sector management and business design. She has worked in healthcare with interdisciplinary teams in operations, program development and clinical research. She is interested in creating integrative solutions to social challenges in order to have sustainable impacts.
She has worked and volunteered with:
- Alzheimer Society, Program Support
- Stewards of Cootes Watershed, Team Lead
- Municipality of Durham Region, Recreation and Events
Igor is currently pursuing his graduate degree in Urban Planning at the University of Toronto after completing his B.A. focusing on Urban Studies/Geography at the University of Toronto, through Trinity College. He has worked on many successful events, conferences, and special projects, leveraging his experience with accessibility and his skills with people and technology.
Igor currently works and volunteers with:
- Canadian Conference on Student Leadership, Chair
- Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit (ACAT), Pool Member and Student for Barrier Free Access, Board of Director
- On the Faculty of Arts and Science Council, he currently represents Graduate Students, focusing on removing financial barriers to education, improving quality, and prioritizing the needs of these students.
Camille is a second year MBA student at Rotman School of Management where she is focusing on the human centered approach to designing solutions for social impact. Prior to Rotman, she worked as a consultant to non profits in the education sector in India supporting them with program design, capacity development and monitoring and evaluation.
Currently she works on social impact projects with:
- Heart & Stroke Foundation, to reposition and scale up their new Health & Wellness program
- Peacebuilders Canada, to support the organisation in developing their next five year strategic plan